Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Psalm 4

   For the director of music. With stringed instruments. A psalm of David.
 1 Answer me when I call to you,
   O my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress;
   be merciful to me and hear my prayer.
 2 How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame[a]?
   How long will you love delusions and seek false gods[b]?
                         Selah

3 Know that the LORD has set apart the godly for himself;
   the LORD will hear when I call to him.
 4 In your anger do not sin;
   when you are on your beds,
   search your hearts and be silent.
                         Selah

5 Offer right sacrifices
   and trust in the LORD.
 6 Many are asking, “Who can show us any good?”
   Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD.
7 You have filled my heart with greater joy
   than when their grain and new wine abound.
8 I will lie down and sleep in peace,
   for you alone, O LORD,
   make me dwell in safety.
Footnotes:
  1. Psalm 4:2 Or you dishonor my Glorious One
  2. Psalm 4:2 Or seek lies

No comments:

Post a Comment